Counseling for Adults
Helping you heal trauma through creative expression and EMDR so you feel empowered in your life.
Welcome! I'm Lucy and I appreciate you being here!
5 Things That You Are So Over...
- Shame spirals - Done with past experiences having such a hold on present and not trusting self
- Anxiety and not feeling confident - Over doubting self and feeling overwhelmed
- Holding boundaries is close to impossible - Through prioritizing others only
- Your body feeling stuck - Sick of chest, stomach, throat *ugh* all feeling so tight!
- Joy and creativity feeling out of reach - you crave it, you miss it
5 Things You Do/Don't Want In a Therapist...
- You don’t want some stuffy version of a therapist or to just be talking at someone
- You want to mix things up, explore in new ways that you haven’t tried. Art, imagery?
- You want a therapist who can guide you through tools to feel ok in your body
- Therapy where words like “energy, aligned, intuition” come up, your lil woo side is honored
- A trained EMDR professional that supports in your pacing as it takes time to trust and share
Lucy Sherman, MS, LPC, NCC, CRC
EMDR Therapist specialized in working with complex trauma and sexual trauma
A Space for You
We create a validating space while I guide you in healing from the trauma you have gone through!
The environment we build invites imagination, humor and openness that has been hard to access.
We experiment together and create a comforting tool kit that can help you strengthen your relationship with your intuition.
I have a special passion for working with Highly Sensitive, self-identified women between 20 and 35.
I provide support in these areas:
- Complex Trauma
- Sexual Trauma
- Childhood Trauma
- Being Highly Sensitive (HSP)
- Self Esteem
- Women's issues
- Creatively blocked
Approaches I draw from:
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Expressive Arts Therapy
- Compassion-Focused Therapy
- Somatic-Focused Therapy
- Person-Centered Therapy